Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 30min
A simple yet delicious soup with some tiny shrimp! But mostly potatoes.
- 6 large potatoes - halved and sliced into ~4mm discs
- 2 tablespoons little dried shrimp
- 1 bunch scallion/green onions, white parts - halved and smashed
- 1 tablespoon ginger - sliced
- 3 garlic cloves - coarsely minced
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 bunch scallion/green onion, green parts - chopped
- Soak little shrimps in water.
- In a pot at least double the size of the amount of potatos. Heat oil until nearly smoke point. Lightly fry the potato slices in batches.
- There should still be some oil left in the pot. Stir fry the garlic, ginger, scallion whites until decliously fragrant.
- Add shrimps to the pot and stir fry for ~30 seconds. Set shimp soaking liquid aside for later.
- Add potatos back into the pot and pour in the shrimp soaking liquid. Fill with as much water that you want soup. Liquid level should at least cover potatos in excess.
- Bring to a slow boil and remove from heat.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with scallion greens and serve.