Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 15min
Quick to prepare and delicious to eat, it is no wonder this is one of the most popular Thai dishes!
- 4 garlic cloves - coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger - coarsely chopped
- 7 Thai chilis - coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallion/green onions, white parts - quartered, split, and smashed
- 1 bunch scallions/green onions, green parts - chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2½ cups Thai basil leaves - leave whole
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (~ ½ can)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Fried eggs with liquid yolk (definitely!)
- Thai basil leaves
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl - mix well. Set aside for later.
- Heat the oil in a wok on high heat.
- When oil reaches smoke point, reduce the heat a little and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, chilis, and scallion whites until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the ground chicken and continue to stir frying until the chicken is no longer raw looking, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the sauce once more and then pour into the wok. Increase to high heat and simmer the sauce for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves and chopped scallion greens.
- Garnish and serve with rice!